2.12.09

"If you think I'm annoying and preachy now, you should have known me in grade school."

dave eggers:


















:


"We are unusual and tragic and alive." - a heartbreaking work of staggering genius

"I like the dark part of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty, when it's hollow, when ceilings are harder and farther away. Then I can breathe, and can think while others are sleeping, in a way can stop time, can have it so – this has always been my dream – so that while everyone else is frozen, I can work busily about them, doing whatever it is that needs to be done, like the elves who make the shoes while children sleep." - a heartbreaking work of staggering genius

"...And there is a chance that everything we did was incorrect, but stasis is itself criminal for those with the means to move, and the means to weave communion between people." - you shall know our velocity!

"GOD: I own you like I own the caves.
THE OCEAN: Not a chance. No comparison.
GOD: I made you. I could tame you.
THE OCEAN: At one time, maybe. But not now.
GOD: I will come to you, freeze you, break you.
THE OCEAN: I will spread myself like wings. I am a billion tiny feathers. You have no idea what's happened to me." - how we are hungry

"You invite things to happen. You open the door. You inhale. And if you inhale the chaos, you give the chaos, the chaos gives back." - you shall know our velocity!

"I hung up the phone, jubilant, and threw myself into a wall then pretended to be getting electrocuted. I do this when I'm very happy." - a heartbreaking work of staggering genius

"One might think that a boy who was out in the snow for so long would get cold, but Max was not. He was warm, partly because he had on many layers, and partly because boys who are part wolf and part wind do not get cold." - the wild things

"I have an irregular and bursting heart and that's why I'm here. It erupts so many times every night and I can't help it." - you shall know our velocity!

No comments:

Post a Comment